Exam Administrator Support
SEB support is generally available for exam system administrators, not for end users (students).
If you are a student using SEB with an e-assessment system, please contact your university/school support or the provider of your exam system to help you solve problems.
We are only able to give general support for Safe Exam Browser. SEB can be used with various different exam systems, many of which we don't even know. We only provide the Safe Exam Browser kiosk browser software itself.
Providers of exam systems can get support for SEB following the links below, after making sure that an issue reported by students isn't caused sorely by their exam system:
IMPORTANT: Please note that we no longer maintain bug reports, discussions and support requests on SourceForge! The forums will remain online as reference, but posting new content is not possible anymore. Please use the dedicated repositories on GitHub to report a bug, request a new feature, discuss topics related to SEB or ask for help.
SEB for Windows
SEB for macOS/iOS
We kindly request you to first read the SEB manuals and search the discussion board for duplicate questions before asking. You'll save us time, which we can better spend for improving SEB.
Please always mention, which SEB version and which operating system you are using (for example Windows 10 (please also indicate the subversion, for example 1809), Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, macOS 11, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7), iOS 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9 and possibly other details about your system.
We need as much information and details as possible to analyze a problem.
- Which exam system / e-assessment suite / quiz module of a learning management system are you using? Are you quite sure that the problem is really related to SEB? Try if the problem also happens in Chrome (Windows) or Safari (Mac/iOS).
- If an error message was displayed, take a picture with your smartphone and post it (or the exact wording of the error message) together with your description what exactly you or the student were doing when the problem occurred.
- Always try to reproduce a problem and if you can, post the exact steps to reproduce the problem. Usually it's only possible to solve problems which can be reproduced.
- Find out if the problem happens on other computers too. If it happens only on some computers and not on all, what do those have in common?
- Send us SEB log files (see here where to find them on Windows/macOS) and mention the exact time when the problem happened (so we can find it in the log files).
Otherwise we cannot answer your questions properly!
Please also search our SEB SourceForge read-only forums for duplicate questions (use the search field on the left)